Memory suitcase loan service
As part of the House of Memories programme, we have developed memory suitcases for use as part of group reminiscence sessions. The suitcases contain photos, memorabilia and objects that help promote conversations about memories of days gone by.
The suitcases can be booked by groups who have attended House of Memories dementia awareness training, as the training covers how to use objects in reminiscence sessions.
There are two types of suitcase available.
General suitcases, containing things like:
- Liverpool Overhead Railway posters
- Music and fashion memorabilia
- Picture books and games
- Ford Anglia model car
- Pre-decimal coins and pound notes
Themed suitcases, covering the following themes:
- African and Caribbean memories
- The Liverpool Irish community
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) heritage
- Seafarers and dockers
- Nature watch
- 'Feast on art'
- The Armed Forces – an army suitcase, and a navy suitcase
How to book
If you are interested in booking a memory suitcase please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0151 478 4080.
Suitcases can be borrowed for two weeks, and must be collected and returned to the Museum of Liverpool, Pier Head, Liverpool Waterfront.
With thanks to our many funders in supporting House of Memories suitcases:
- Ravensdale Trust
- Cecil Pilkington Charitable Trust
- Hemby Charitable Trust
- Rimmer Memorial Charitable Trust
- Duchy of Lancaster Benevolent Fund
- Mitchell Group
- Financial Planning Corporation
- Barnett Waddingham
- Austin & Hope Pilkington Trust
- Connecting Generations
- Department of Health
- More Independent
- Liverpool City Council
- J B Leitch